Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder OR Road Trip...

I know, I know, I have been horrible at posting on a regular basis.  I was reminded Monday night in reviewing my 101 Goals in 1001 Days (created thanks to Shaun Ring) that one of my goals was to blog.  Albeit a more consistent blogger, so here I am.

Owen is leaving tomorrow to go on Spring Break with my mother.  To Panama City Beach.  I know he will have fun, but I am definately on an emotional roller coaster.  I keep thinking What if....  which are all unpleasant "what if's..." and while I'm confident everything will go safely and he will have a BLAST, I just miss him already, and he hasn't even left yet.  For those of you who haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with my O MAN, he is a fantastic little boy.  He has a great heart and desperately tries to be a "peacemaker" in spite of himself.  Owen is just a blessing...  He has a huge personality and he manages it well.  But he is also very sweet and loving.  He still wants me to hold him, carry him, and hold his hand.  He loves giving kisses (and even gets offended when Addy is being a DIVA, and won't return the affection).

So he is leaving.  12 hours away.  And he is very excited.  He is talking about going on a pirate cruise.  He wants to see dolphins.  He wants to go parasailing, again.  Yes, I said again.  He and I went last year and he LOVED it!!!

Tomorrow evening I am supposed to drop him and his bags off and not see him again until after spring break is over.  I just don't know if I can do it...or if I can do it without crying.  I don't want him to see me cry.  I don't want him to be upset, but I want him to know I will miss him.  Guess that means I will have to download skype.

The sad thing is, I think Mommy is going to have a harder time with this than Owen will. Owen will be enthralled and bug the daylights out of Uncle Hunter and Grandmomma will spoil him rotten.  I have remided her that he still needs naps and I'm sure she will try to sneak one in as well.  Owen loves crab and shrimp ALMOST as much as his Mommy and I know he will be on his BEST behavior.  ;)

::SIGH::

1 comment:

  1. He will have fun. :)

    When Landon was 4 and Corbin was 2 we won a trip off Air-1 to San Diego for SIX days. When we returned, Landon was thrilled to see us but Corbin was very mad and it took him about 4 hours to warm up to me. He wouldn't even look at me. It was awful! LOL!

    ReplyDelete